Last updated: November, 2015
Protecting your privacy
Information we collect and how we collect it
In order to facilitate your use of our Services, we collect and maintain personally identifiable information about you. MCG collects personally identifiable information from many sources to understand and meet your needs. For example, we collect personally identifiable information about you from:
- You, when you voluntarily provide us with information
- Your transactions associated with the use of our Services
The personally identifiable information we collect about you through these various sources may include, but is not limited to:
- Name, addresses and telephone numbers
- Date of birth and gender
- Email addresses, fax numbers and pager numbers
- Account number and information
- Credit/debit card number(s), including associated billing address(es) and expiration
- Information provided to customer-service representatives to research and resolve issues
- Corporate-contract, employer and/or other corporate affiliation (i.e. employer name, title,
work address and contact information) (i.e. tax ID, business type)
Automatically collected information (including cookies and geolocation)
In addition to obtaining your personally identifiable information, when you use our Services, we may receive technical information such as your browser type, the type of operating system you use, your geolocation, the name of your internet service provider, and pages visited on our Services. MCG gets this information by using technologies, including cookies, web beacons, and mobile device geolocation to provide and improve our Services.
Additionally, MCG may combine the information we receive from you with information collected from other sources. This information may be used to provide offers and/or services specifically tailored to your interests in accordance with applicable laws.
Cookies on our services
Our Services also occasionally use “local shared objects” (also known as “Flash cookies”). Like browser cookies, Flash cookies may be used for coordinating content delivery, website functionality, maintaining preferences, advertising, or analytics. Unlike browser cookies, “Flash cookies” are not stored in the browser, but can nevertheless be managed.
What are the different types of cookies that MCG uses?
There are four types of cookies used on our Services:
- Essential cookies – These cookies enable you to use our Services. These cookies are essential to enable you to browse our Services and use certain features. Disabling them may prevent you from using certain parts of the Services. Without these cookies, services like paying activity cannot be provided. These cookies also help keep our Services safe and secure.
- Preference cookies – These cookies store information such as your preferred country and language selection, MCG login data and website preferences. Without these cookies, our Services may not be able to remember certain choices you’ve previously made or personalize your browsing experience by providing you with relevant information. These cookies can also be used to recognize your device so that you do not have to provide the same information more than once.
- Performance cookies – These cookies collect information about howyou use our Services such as which pages you visit most often. These cookies are used to provide you with the best experience possible by doing things such as tracking page load, site response times, and error messages. They are also used to gather feedback on customer satisfaction through surveys.
- Content / advertising cookies – These cookies gather information about your use of our Services so we may improve your experience and provide you with more relevant content and advertising. They remember that you’ve visited our Services and help us understand usage of our Services. Some of these cookies are from third parties that collect information about users of our Services in order to provide advertising (on our Services and elsewhere) based on users online activities (so-called “interest-based advertising”) on our Services and elsewhere online. The third-parties involved in interest-based advertising collect internet browsing information (e.g. websites visited, time of visit) across different websites and over time, and they may use the information they collect on our Services to provide you ads (from us and other companies) across the internet.
Information collected by third parties on our Services
Due to the nature of our Services, we require users of our Services to have reached the age of majority in the jurisdiction in which they reside, and that they are in any event at least 18 years old. Thus, we do knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13.
If you are a parent or guardian of someone under the age of 13 who has provided personally identifiable information without your knowledge and consent, you may request we remove this information by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
When you access your MCG account over the web, your web browser connects to our Services through SSL (Secure Sockets Layer). SSL is an industry-standard way to send information over the internet in a more secure way. SSL also ensures you are actually sending data to MCG and not someone who claims to be MCG.
How your information will be used
We use personally identifiable information to complete transactions and fulfill requests for our products and services.
Administrative, marketing, analytical purposes
In addition to processing, confirming and fulfilling the services or products you request, MCG may use personally identifiable information for administrative, analytical, and marketing purposes such as information systems management, accounting, billing and audits, credit card processing and verification, and/or customer-relations correspondence. MCG may use personally identifiable information to identify, develop and market products and services that we believe you will value in accordance with applicable laws.
Please note that the laws and regulations of several countries require us to provide foreign and domestic government agencies with access to the personally identifiable information you disclose to us. MCG does not have control or knowledge of the storage and use of that data after it has been delivered to the respective government entity. Further, to the extent required by law, we may disclose personally identifiable information to government authorities, or to third parties pursuant to a subpoena or other legal process, and we may also use or disclose your information as permitted by law to protect the rights or property of MCG, our customers, our Services, or its users.
With whom your information will be shared
In addition, from time to time, we may share information with third party companies with which we have a business relationship, including Stripe, Inc. These companies may send you offers based on the information you have provided us. Where we are required by applicable law, we will seek your consent prior to sharing your personally identifiable information with such third parties for marketing purposes. Also, as described below, you can opt out of having your information shared with third parties for those parties’ direct marketing purposes by emailing us at email@example.com
In the event we undergo a business transition involving another company, such as a merger, corporate reorganization, acquisition, the sale of all or a portion of our assets, or in the event of bankruptcy, information that we have collected from or about you or your devices may be disclosed to such other entity as part of the due diligence or business integration process and will be transferred to such entity as one of the transferred assets.
When you provide us with your information, you acknowledge that this information may be stored and processed on servers located anywhere in the World, including either inside or outside of the USA or the European Economic Area.
Links to other sites
We’d also like to remind you that we may provide, or third parties may provide, links to other worldwide websites or resources. The linked sites are not under the control of MCG and MCG is not responsible for the contents of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site, or any changes or updates to such sites. MCG is providing these links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by MCG.
If you have other questions, comments or concerns about our privacy practices, please contact our Chief Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.